Thursday, April 22, 2010

Our Threshold

The threshold is the point in the journey where you have gone from your known world to the unknown and becomes the official starting point of the journey. The threshold was a gradual thing that first started when the menstrual cycle wasn't starting when I figured it would. A little nervous to see what this could result in I postponed using a home pregnancy test that I got from my bridal shower several months previous. After still not having the cycle for two weeks I decided it was time to do the test. I started in my unknown world, never having to pee on something other than in a toilet bowel or on a log out camping ( yes I sit on logs, I never could figure out squatting). The test was filling up and there was the plus sign, the positive that says you are pregnant. I let me doubts get with me because I wasn't sure I was ready for this, and didn't really let it set in yet. Four days later I decided to go to the health center on the college campus to get an official pregnancy test. Again another unknown phase: peeing into a cup, I am not sure which is more ackward, a cup or a stick. The results came quick and it is official: I am pregnant and I am due the end of December. I have stepped from my known world of living, breathing, thinking, going about as a regular person, to my new unknown world knowing that there is a super tiny little individual growing inside me, getting ready to change my life forever.

Our journey of many new unknowns has officially begun!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Whitters!!! Mom always said you were the little mommy, now you'll be a real mommy. :) Get used to peeing in cups, you'll be doing it a lot. I recommend the 20th for births (and weddings) :) If it's a girl, you should name her Ang. :) jk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl!! I'm super excited! and Ang is right, get used to peeing in cups, but I never did and was always grateful for the ever present sink to wash up afterwards!! Welcome to the unknown and wonderful!! You can still get your Bachelor's...it just won't be as easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Whit! I was preggo my last year. You can make it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe you guys are funny. Thanks! I am super nervous, but excited! It will be an interesting new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! That is so exciting :) I'm happy for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete